The Practising Midwife has gone from strength to strength in providing accessible, authoritative information addressing the needs of today's busy midwife
'All over the world' - Making a difference in Maternity Care
A maternity care conference on Wednesday 4th December 2013
Time: 9:00am to 4:00pm (including lunch and light refreshments)
Venue: The postgraduate Medical Institute Building, Anglia Ruskin University, Rivermead Campus, Bishop Hall Lane, Chelmsford CM1 1SQ.
To view the conference programme and to book, go to:
Our comprehensive news section provides midwives with all the latest developments and guidelines that concern the profession, both in the UK and internationally
Each month, TPM concentrates on a particular theme, covering the widest range of issues. Here's a taster:
- Antenatal, issues
- Care during labour
- Postnatal support
- Supporting midwives: maternity support workers and volunteer doulas
- Student reflections
- Challenging conditions, from group B streptococcus to hyperemesis gravidarum
- Unassisted and unattended births: the rise of freebirthing
- Complementary therapies, from homeopathy to moxibustion
- Examination of the newborn
- Caring for Gypsy and Traveller women
- International perspectives
Calling all student midwives
Our popular 'Midwifery basics' series is aimed at students in particular. Covering the main clinical skills underpinning practice, articles set out in simple, accessible form a comprehensive range of basic topics covering all aspects of antenatal, labour and postnatal care.Research-led
We are proud of our growing reputation for providing a forum for original research. All papers are peer-reviewed, ensuring that only work of the highest quality is published. Recent papers include:
- Birth method: trial and error?
- Pregnant adolescents: who cares?
- Domestic violence: learning to ask the question
- Maternal breastfeeding positions: have we got it right?
- How women choose where to give birth
- Does pethidine relieve pain?
- Birth centres: a success story
- Asking the question: antenatal domestic violence
- Improving the birthing environment
- The Breastfeeding Best Start Project
- Poverty and childbirth
AND MUCH, MUCH MORE...
- Research unwrapped: How to really understand those myriad papers!
- Professional development: Diary listings, vacancies and resources
- Last word: Time for reflection
TELL US WHAT YOU THINK!
We love to hear from our readers, so please get in touch